Welcome to Celebration Church!
Celebration Church is a blend of many different generations, cultures, countries, and walks of life sharing one common theme: Worshipping God. Worship summarizes all that we do as we live for God, but on Sundays we express our worship to God together through music, prayer, reflection, giving, and by learning Biblical principles that help us grow in our faith and become stronger followers of Jesus.
We believe in celebrating Jesus, life and you!
Whether you are a spiritual seeker who’s just starting to ask questions about God or a committed Christian who wants to deepen the roots of your faith even deeper, you can find a home at Celebration Church.
Sam Belisle – Lead Pastor
Pastor Sam has committed his life to leading, developing, serving, and ministering to others. He began his journey as a Youth Pastor serving in several churches where he developed successful ministries. After several years of youth ministry, God called him to serve as a Lead Pastor. He began his pastoral ministry in Virginia, and God led Him to Celebration in 1995. Pastor Sam is known as a caring and loving shepherd to those at Celebration, and also to those in the Roanoke Valley and beyond. He has dedicated nearly 30 years to training, developing and raising up people who serve in ministry. Pastor Sam’s greatest desire is to win the lost to Christ and encourage people to grow in their relationship with God. His highest priority and joy in life is his family including his wife, Susan, son – Josh, daughter – Jennifer, and his grandkids.
Sam Belisle Pastor Sam is an Ordained Bishop in the Church of God, Cleveland, TN. He has a Bachelor’s Degree in Biblical Studies from Lee University and a Master’s Degree in Biblical Studies from the Master’s Graduate School of Divinity, an affiliate of Trinity University.
Susan Belisle – Worship Pastor
Pastor Susan is a credentialed minister with the Church of God, Cleveland, TN. She has a Bachelor’s degree from Lee University and a Master’s degree in Education and Human Development from The George Washington University.
Lyndsey DunnNowGeneration Pastor
Lyndsey Dunn – NowGeneration Pastor
Pastor Lyndsey was raised in a Pastor’s home and has a rich heritage of ministry. Having previously served as the Youth Pastor at Celebration, he has returned as our NowGeneration Pastor overseeing and leading our cradle through college and career ministries. Prior to returning to Celebration, Pastor Lyndsey gained valuable experience as a Youth Pastor, Associate Pastor, and Lead Pastor. He has also worked in the marketplace and is the owner of a digital marketing company. Pastor Lyndsey is a member of the Church of God Virginia Youth Board and has served many years during summer youth camps. He has a vast array of experience in leading teams, youth ministry, worship, and media and technology. Pastor Lyndsey shares life and ministry with his wife Lauren, and they love the adventure of traveling together. Their home is filled with lots of excitement as they raise their Twins Two Times – Liam, Atha, Isla, and Eastyn.
Pastor Lyndsey is an Ordained Bishop in the Church of God, Cleveland, TN. He has a Bachelor’s Degree in Christian Ministry from Lee University and a Master’s Degree in Executive Leadership from Liberty University. He also holds a certificate from Mission Virginia, an urban discipleship training program.
Our mission is to share the gospel of Jesus Christ, help people grow closer to God, and equip believers to serve.
As a body of believers, we endeavor to be strategic and intentional in our focus on these guiding principles in order to expand the Kingdom of God.
Prayer and Fasting – We value prayer, intercession, and fasting as a means to draw closer to the heart of God through submission of our own personal desires for those of Christ Jesus. (I Timothy 2:1-2)
Evangelism – We value spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ to our community, nation, and the world for the purpose of salvation for non-believers. (Mark 16:15-16)
Worship – We value passionate worship that ushers us into the presence of God and cultivates personal intimacy with the Lord. (Psalm 100:4)
Discipleship – We value helping people grow in their knowledge of and relationship with God through the study of His Word. (Ephesians 4:12 – 13)
Stewardship –We value obedience to God through faithful giving of our time, talents, and treasures to God. (Malachi 3:10)
Service – We value service to others, both inside and outside our church, through the use of our God-given talents, gifts, and abilities. (Psalm 72:11)
Outreach – We value loving, caring for, and supporting others through outreach initiatives to our community and the world. (Matthew 25:34 – 40)
Relationships – We value the strengthening and development of relationships for families and those within and outside our church fellowship. (I John 4:11)
Diversity – We value diversity and strive to love, honor, and respect all those who are from various cultural, social, and economic walks of life. (I Corinthians 12:13)
Excellence – We value the pursuit of excellence in all that we do including loving, serving, and ministering to others. (I Corinthians 10:131)
Beliefs (What We Believe)
- We believe in the verbal inspiration of the Bible.
- We believe in one God eternally existing in three persons; namely, the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Father, conceived of the Holy Ghost, and born of the Virgin Mary. That Jesus was crucified, buried, and raised from the dead. That He ascended to heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father as the Intercessor.
- We believe that all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and that repentance is commanded of God for all and necessary for forgiveness of sins.
- We believe that justification, regeneration, and the new birth are wrought by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.
- We believe in sanctification subsequent to the new birth, through faith in the blood of Christ; through the Word, and by the Holy Ghost.
- We believe in holiness to be God’s standard of living for His people.
- We believe in the baptism with the Holy Ghost subsequent to a clean heart.
- We believe in speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance and that it is the initial evidence of the baptism of the Holy Ghost.
- We believe in water baptism by immersion, and all who repent should be baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
- We believe in divine healing is provided for all in the atonement.
- We believe in the Lord’s Supper and washing of the saints’ feet.
- We believe in the premillennial second coming of Jesus. First, to resurrect the righteous dead and to catch away the living saints to Him in the air. Second, to reign on the earth a thousand years.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection; eternal life for the righteous, and eternal punishment for the wicked.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Get There?
We are located approximately 1.7 miles west off of 220 on Buck Mountain Rd.
What is Your Service Like?
In our services, you will experience passionate praise and intimate worship expressed through music, drama and dance. Our Pastor will share a relevant biblically-based message enriched with media & illustrations. There is a time of ministry and prayer. You will also have the opportunity to support the on-going work of God through giving.
Where Do My Kids Go?
Celebration makes reaching young people a priority. Children’s ministry is available for infants through 5th grade on Sunday mornings and Wednesday nights. We also have a vibrant student ministry for children in grades 6 – 12.
How Should I Dress When I Come?
Celebration invites anyone interested in hearing the message of God’s grace, and does not require a certain type of dress to attend. You will find a wide variety of attire here.
What Is Celebration’s Denomination?
Celebration is Pentecostal in our beliefs and is an affiliate of the Church Of God – Cleveland, TN.
What are your office hours?
Monday – Thursday (9am-4:30pm)