Welcome to Celebration Church!
Celebration Church is a blend of many different generations, cultures, countries, and walks of life sharing one common theme: Worshipping God. Worship summarizes all that we do as we live for God, but on Sundays we express our worship to God together through music, prayer, reflection, giving, and by learning Biblical principles that help us grow in our faith and become stronger followers of Jesus.
We believe in celebrating Jesus, life and you!
Whether you are a spiritual seeker who’s just starting to ask questions about God or a committed Christian who wants to deepen the roots of your faith even deeper, you can find a home at Celebration Church.
Sam Belisle – Lead Pastor
Pastor Sam has committed his life to leading, developing, serving, and ministering to others. He began his journey as a Youth Pastor serving in several churches where he developed successful ministries. After several years of youth ministry, God called him to serve as a Lead Pastor. He began his pastoral ministry in Virginia, and God led Him to Celebration in 1995. Pastor Sam is known as a caring and loving shepherd to those at Celebration, and also to those in the Roanoke Valley and beyond. He has dedicated nearly 30 years to training, developing and raising up people who serve in ministry. Pastor Sam’s greatest desire is to win the lost to Christ and encourage people to grow in their relationship with God. His highest priority and joy in life is his family including his wife, Susan, son – Josh, daughter – Jennifer, and his grandkids.
Sam Belisle Pastor Sam is an Ordained Bishop in the Church of God, Cleveland, TN. He has a Bachelor’s Degree in Biblical Studies from Lee University and a Master’s Degree in Biblical Studies from the Master’s Graduate School of Divinity, an affiliate of Trinity University.
Susan Belisle – Worship Pastor
Pastor Susan is a credentialed minister with the Church of God, Cleveland, TN. She has a Bachelor’s degree from Lee University and a Master’s degree in Education and Human Development from The George Washington University.
After School Director
Sunny Miller – After School Director
Pastor Sunny currently serves as the Director of Celebrate KIDS! After School Program. Sunny has more than 18 years of church leadership experience including: jail ministry, preaching/teaching ministry, leadership training and discipleship, Christian Education Pastor, administrator of student ministries, youth pastor, singles pastor, and young adult pastor. She has a passion for discipleship, worship, and loving the people of God. She is a gifted teacher and writer and is a published author and the co-author or Journey with Jeannette and Outside the Gates: The Need for the Theology, History, and Practice of Chaplaincy Ministry. Sunny’s highest priority is to her family – husband, Gregory, daughters , Eliana and Alexia, and her son, Hunter.
Pastor Sunny is an ordained minister with the Church of God, Cleveland, TN. She is a graduate of Ashland University with a BA in Religious Studies. She also completed a Master of Arts in Christian Education and a MA in Biblical Studies from Ashland Theological Seminary.
Amanda Biggar – Administrative Secretary
Amanda graduated from Glenvar High School. Later, she attended Virginia Western Community College before starting her 6 year career in the Medical Field. Amanda served the community at Lewis Gale Medical Center and at the Carilion Cancer Center. Her caring personality and servant’s heart were publicly recognized when she received 9 Pineapple Awards for outstanding customer service and hospitality. She brings that same dedication to her role at Celebration.
Outside of work, Amanda loves eating spicy foods, shopping for anything in the color purple, and being a “Super Mom” to her 2 boys.
Our mission is to share the gospel of Jesus Christ, help people grow closer to God, and equip believers to serve.
As a body of believers, we endeavor to be strategic and intentional in our focus on these guiding principles in order to expand the Kingdom of God.
Prayer and Fasting – We value prayer, intercession, and fasting as a means to draw closer to the heart of God through submission of our own personal desires for those of Christ Jesus. (I Timothy 2:1-2)
Evangelism – We value spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ to our community, nation, and the world for the purpose of salvation for non-believers. (Mark 16:15-16)
Worship – We value passionate worship that ushers us into the presence of God and cultivates personal intimacy with the Lord. (Psalm 100:4)
Discipleship – We value helping people grow in their knowledge of and relationship with God through the study of His Word. (Ephesians 4:12 – 13)
Stewardship –We value obedience to God through faithful giving of our time, talents, and treasures to God. (Malachi 3:10)
Service – We value service to others, both inside and outside our church, through the use of our God-given talents, gifts, and abilities. (Psalm 72:11)
Outreach – We value loving, caring for, and supporting others through outreach initiatives to our community and the world. (Matthew 25:34 – 40)
Relationships – We value the strengthening and development of relationships for families and those within and outside our church fellowship. (I John 4:11)
Diversity – We value diversity and strive to love, honor, and respect all those who are from various cultural, social, and economic walks of life. (I Corinthians 12:13)
Excellence – We value the pursuit of excellence in all that we do including loving, serving, and ministering to others. (I Corinthians 10:131)
Beliefs (What We Believe)
- We believe in the verbal inspiration of the Bible.
- We believe in one God eternally existing in three persons; namely, the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Father, conceived of the Holy Ghost, and born of the Virgin Mary. That Jesus was crucified, buried, and raised from the dead. That He ascended to heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father as the Intercessor.
- We believe that all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and that repentance is commanded of God for all and necessary for forgiveness of sins.
- We believe that justification, regeneration, and the new birth are wrought by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.
- We believe in sanctification subsequent to the new birth, through faith in the blood of Christ; through the Word, and by the Holy Ghost.
- We believe in holiness to be God’s standard of living for His people.
- We believe in the baptism with the Holy Ghost subsequent to a clean heart.
- We believe in speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance and that it is the initial evidence of the baptism of the Holy Ghost.
- We believe in water baptism by immersion, and all who repent should be baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
- We believe in divine healing is provided for all in the atonement.
- We believe in the Lord’s Supper and washing of the saints’ feet.
- We believe in the premillennial second coming of Jesus. First, to resurrect the righteous dead and to catch away the living saints to Him in the air. Second, to reign on the earth a thousand years.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection; eternal life for the righteous, and eternal punishment for the wicked.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Get There?
We are located approximately 1.7 miles west off of 220 on Buck Mountain Rd.
What is Your Service Like?
In our services, you will experience passionate praise and intimate worship expressed through music, drama and dance. Our Pastor will share a relevant biblically-based message enriched with media & illustrations. There is a time of ministry and prayer. You will also have the opportunity to support the on-going work of God through giving.
Where Do My Kids Go?
Celebration makes reaching young people a priority. Children’s ministry is available for infants through 5th grade on Sunday mornings and Wednesday nights. We also have a vibrant student ministry for children in grades 6 – 12.
How Should I Dress When I Come?
Celebration invites anyone interested in hearing the message of God’s grace, and does not require a certain type of dress to attend. You will find a wide variety of attire here.
What Is Celebration’s Denomination?
Celebration is Pentecostal in our beliefs and is an affiliate of the Church Of God – Cleveland, TN.
What are your office hours?
Monday – Thursday (8am-4:30pm)